Ketraco Selected GOLD Winner of SAP Quality Awards 2016 Africa
[ All Latest News ]
Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Ltd has been selected as the Gold Winner of the SAP Quality Awards in the Fast Delivery category for Africa!
In an ambitious Project code-named KIPEPEO, Ketraco has implemented SAP ERP, a world-class Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System as a long term strategic investment that will facilitate the achievement of corporate objectives through automation. This implementation was supported by Indra.
The Swahili name Kipepeo, that means a butterfly, was chosen to reflect a complete metamorphosis of a butterfly starting from its inception as an egg, to its final adult stage . Based on the SAP Implementation, it therefore reflects the project roadmap starting from the development stage to its final implementation
SAP products/solutions implemented include:
- SAP ECC: SAP Cloud Appliance Library Based on EHP7 for SAP ERP 6.0 SP server ABAP Preassembled ERP Foundation Extension rapid-deployment solution V3 (Ready To Activate).
- Technical components: Portal Netwearver 7.4 JAVA Stack, usage type Application server Java, SAP ABAP 7.4 ehp 7
- Database: SAP HANA version 1.00.097
- Solution Manager 7.1
- ECC Business Suite: Finance & Controlling (FICO), Materials Management (MM), Project System (PS), Human Capital Management (HCM) & Payroll ,Funds Management (FM) , Audit Information System (AIS) & Integrated Workflows.
The use of Rapid Deplyoment Solutions (RDS) and a decision to go vanilla, making full use of international best practice methodologies inherent in SAP, resulted in a fast and low cost deployment which met set requirements.
The company is currently implementing a second phase which incorporates Employee self-service/Manager self service (ESS/MSS), Travel Management, Business Intelligence, e-Recruitment and Document Management. There will be continuous expansion of Ketraco's SAP footprint until all necessary processes are automated.
The prestigious SAP Quality Awards celebrate and recognize SAP customers who have excelled in the implementation of their SAP software solutions by using SAP's ten quality principles to:
- Effectively plan, execute and manage their implementations
- Achieve fast, low-cost implementations – and meet today’s demand for rapid time to value
- Simplify business processes and deliver significant business benefits to their organization
We are delighted with this endorsement from SAP,