Government of Spain through the Societe Generale Sucursal en Espana.
Government of Kenya (GoK)
HOMT Spain/ ACCIONA construction SA
The scope of this project includes re-construction and improvement of 132kV power evacuation Lines and substations and includes the following;
- Reconstruction of the single circuit line currently on wooden poles between Rabai - New Bamburi and Kilifi by means of a new 67 km long 132kV double circuit three-phase on lattice steel towers with single ACSR/Lynx conductor per phase and single OPGW 48 fiber earth wire.
- Construction of new substation breaker and half topology with two 132kV line bays, 2x45MVA power transformers and eight 33kV line bays Bomani (formerly known as Bamburi Cement Substation).
- Extension by one 132kV line bay with polygonal topology at Rabai Substation.
- Extension of existing substation by completion of one existing line bay position (RABAI FEEDER) with a single bus bar topology at new Bamburi substation.
- Extension of existing substation (single bus bar topology) with a new line bay position (RABAI FEEDER) and completion of the existing MOMBASA CEMENT feeder with the appropriate switchgear, control and protection equipment at Kilifi Substation
a. The project will offer cheap, stable, and reliable supply to existing large power customers and existing supply substations.
b. It will supply energy to the existing manufacturing industries (Cement, special economic zones, steel rolling mills), commercial, residential, power generation, and street lighting
c. The project will also supply upcoming and already existing large power customers within the area i.e. Shimo la Tewa water Desalination plant, Vipingo development, Mombasa Cement, and the Galana Irrigation Scheme..
d. Boost tourism in the region.
e. An additional 100MW of power will be consumed immediately after completion of the project.